Now that the weather’s changing, I’m obsessed with cooking anything that makes me feel cozy and warm. There’s few things more autumnal than a hearty stew, and this one turns out well seasoned, flavorful and just the right thickness. Add one of your favorite beers for extra deliciousness. Our bison stew meat is something my freezer is always stocked with. Now that it’s getting chilly, we’ve been having trouble keeping it in stock. Everyone wants to make stew on these crisp October evenings! Serve with some local, freshly baked bread (homemade is even better) for a perfect meal.
Also Read: Spicy Mexican Meatballs With Bison Primal Blend
If You Like Beef, You’re Going To Love Bison
If you’ve never eaten bison before, you’re probably curious what it tastes like. The simple answer is that if you like the flavor of beef, you’re going to absolutely love bison. It’s very similar, but with a slightly sweeter taste. It’s naturally leaner and more tender. It has no “gamey” flavor whatsoever.
The key to preparing delicious bison is not to overcook it. It always needs to be cooked less than you would typically cook the same cut of beef. When cooked too much, bison will become tough – we always recommend cooking to medium rare for the ultimate flavor and texture. From premium steaks to fajita meat to burgers, any dish you’re used to cooking with beef will be amazing when prepared with bison.
View this post on Instagram
There were once as many as 60 million bison roaming the American plains. We’re passionate about increasing their numbers, hoping to see the population surpass 1 million during our lifetime. Choose meat that’s good for the earth, good for the bison and great for you. Order Now: https://www.beckandbulow.com #buffalo #americanbuffalo #bison #americanbison #newmexico #santafe #landofenchantment #regenerativeagriculture #grassfinished #grassfed #carnivorediet #keto #carnivore #paleo #farmtotable #glutenfree #meatheals #beckandbulow #grassfedbeef #pastureraised
Also Read: Oven Baked Bison Short Rib Pot Pie For Chilly Evenings
Free Range Bison, Raised The Way Nature Intended
Our bison live free range on 20,000 beautiful acres here in New Mexico, or roam freely on our carefully selected partner ranches. They are pasture raised and never administered any amount of hormones, steroids or antibiotics. These are powerful, strong animals that live essentially wild with minimal handling. There were once 60 million bison roaming North America, and we hope to see their numbers increase back to even 1 million during our lifetime. By increasing the demand for ethically sourced bison meat, we can help to bolster their population. The more people that want to purchase this nourishing and nutrient dense meat, the more farmers will be encouraged to raise bison. This directly helps to increase the number of herds which assists in providing genetic diversity for the population.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon bison tallow
- 2 pounds bison stew meat cubes
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bottle or can of good beer
- 4 cups bison bone broth
- 2 cups water, + more as needed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons coconut sugar
- 4 parsnips, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- Minced parsley for garnish
View this post on Instagram
Top 4 Reasons That It’s A Great Idea To Eat More Bison Our company was founded on the American bison, and although we’ve expanded our offerings to include many selections, we have a special place in our hearts for these animals. There’s lots of reasons to include more bison meat in your diet, and these are my top four. Whether you already know how much you love to eat bison or are getting ready to try it for the first time, get ready to enjoy the many wonderful aspects of eating this truly American meat. 1. It’s Incredibly Delicious, Tender & Never Gamey 2. Eating Bison Is Extremely Healthy 3. Eating Bison Meat Helps Increase The Bison Population 4. Grazing Bison Are Vital For Healthy Soil. Buy Fresh Bison Meat Online @ BeckandBulow.com To read the full blog, click the link in our profile to our website – then navigate to the blog page from the main menu. #bison #buffalo #bisonmeat #buffalomeat #americanbison #beckandbulow
Also Read: Korean BBQ Style Slow Braised Bison Short Ribs
- Heat the avocado oil and bison tallow in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sear the stew meat cubes on all sides, setting aside on a separate plate. Cut the seared chunks into desired size.
- Place the onions into the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender and fragrant. Add the garlic in and cook for approximately one minute.
- Add the beer and bison bone broth to the pot. Stir to combine, then add in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, paprika, and coconut sugar. Season as desired with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the seared bison stew meat cubes back into the pot. Give it a stir, cover and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours. As the stew cooks, it should thicken some. If it becomes thicker than you desire, simply add water as needed.
- Add the parsnips and potatoes to the pot. Cook for approximately 30 more minutes, adding more water as needed. Season to taste.
- Serve garnished with parsley if desired. Delicious soaked up with some good crusty bread.
Our Team Is Here To Support You
At Beck & Bulow, we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re always here to help if you have any questions regarding your meat, want help making selections, or are just looking for some cooking tips. Every time you call our office, you’ll be directly connected with one of our team members right here in Santa Fe, New Mexico where we’re based.
Also Read: Puerto Rican Spiced Ground Bison & Plantain Lasagna Recipe
Every cut of meat is pressure sealed and flash frozen immediately after butchering at the peak of freshness. We work exclusively with master butchers who make every cut with care and precision. All orders are hand packed at our Santa Fe warehouse, shipped in a reusable cooler with dry ice and delivered straight to your doorstep. Check out our selections of humanely raised chicken, elk, bison, beef, lamb, wild boar and seafood.